Photobucket

Demotivational Poster of the Day

Demotivational Poster of the Day

Monday, May 24, 2010

Legion (2010)

An out-of-the-way diner becomes the unlikely battleground for the survival of the human race. When God loses faith in humankind, he sends his legion of angels to bring on the Apocalypse. Humanity's only hope lies in a group of strangers trapped in a desert diner with the Archangel Michael (Bettany).
I liked it! A Lot! I don't understand the reviews. And I'm a tough critic! Maybe you need to have knowledge of angel lore and of the Archangel, Michael, and the enormous part he has played through out human history. I found the message profound and far more frightening than 2012 or Prophecy - which is, there is a price to pay for the greed, cruelty and hate that is taking over us and killing our planet. Free Will was a gift, it's sad to think that the Creator had such faith in us and WE are letting Him down, because we are standing on the edge on the abyss and the Dark Side does have us by the throat! I also found the setting apropos in its remoteness verses hordes of screaming people and exploding big city skyscrapers. And I found the actors right on! Paul Bettany is such a great actor. His portrayal of Michael is powerful and believable in his promise to protect us, and Kevin Durand's, Gabriel was heartbreaking, as he faithfully follows the orders of the Creator, even if it means destroying his best friend, Michael. I also liked Adrianne Palicki, she was good, but my favorite was, Lucas Black. I love actors that portray it all on their face, their eyes, their emotions. He's all grown up now from "Sling Blade" but still he continues to move you. I just wish we could see more of him in films, what a waste of talent. The down side of this movie for me was the "Night of the living dead" moment, but that was brief, and the guns, man uses guns, Archangels don't. But I think this was because once Michael chose to help man and fell from Grace, he lost his angelic powers. I say RENT IT! You be the judge! It's not to long and moves along at a nice pace, and yes it's scary! And Gabriel's horn is down right creepy as it heralds the end of mankind! Just RENT IT!

"The last time God lost faith in man he sent a flood. This time he sent what you see outside. Are you saying this is the apocalypse I'm saying it's an extermination !" Legion is a sci-fi, religion based, action film. It has some similarities to both Constantine and Gabriel. I'm not saying you have to like those films to enjoy this one (I think this is a bit better than either of those), but what I am saying is that if you don't like the same subject matter (apocalypse, wrath of God, arch angels, etc.) don't bother watching this. "You know this is crazy....I don't believe in God. Well that's just fine Bob, he doesn't believe in you either." It has a very good ensemble cast. Very good special effects and stunts. Very good story, as well as action. Get the picture, I found the film very good. Is it a classic No, but it was enjoyable, and wasn't too preachy in doing it, which is what films of this type generally end up doing.. "Come, ye children, listen to me. I will teach you to fear the Lord." psalm 34:11

****/*****

4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment