Photobucket

Demotivational Poster of the Day

Demotivational Poster of the Day

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Years Resolutions?

So, who out there actually made some New Years Resolutions that they are going to follow? I've never made them myself because I know I won't follow them. Instead, I usually made "decisions" on what I'm going to do different year after year. Let me tell you what I've come up with for 2010.

This year will be quite a different year than I've ever experienced. I'm going to embrace parts of myself that I've shunned and hid from the outside world.

First of all, I'm a smoker. I smoke cigarettes, not the funky stuff. Smokers being out there are few and far between, especially for someone that works at a doctor's office! At lunch and after work, I'd have a smoke, usually hidden around the corner at work or where not that many people would see me. Not anymore. I'm proud to be a smoker. I'm gonna fill the air around me with the fumes of nicotine and tobacco! I'm going to exhale in the direction of anyone around me so they too can enjoy a quicker trip to the afterlife! I've also decided that I'm probably going to start smoking more. It's good for the economy!

Another thing that I've realized is that I found it to be totally true when people say the phrase "nice guys finish last". Through experience myself and viewed with others, I finally see it that nice guys do finish last. I've played the nice guy role for way too long. The inner-asshole in me breaks out at times, but not as much as it would like to be. The days of myself being a gentleman or nice guy at all... are over. It doesn't get you anywhere to be nice. My old high-school motto of "Fuck the World" has turned back around and come back home. The nice guy that never gets anywhere with anything is dead. Long live the King! The King of the Assholes!

Attached with this, I'm going to start doing whatever the hell I want. I wanted a 32inch flat screen TV, I bought it. I'm gonna take what I want when I want it. I'm going to do what I want when I want to do it. It's that simple. This will break one of my cardinal rules. I've always said that I will NEVER go to the movies by myself. I didn't want to be that weirdo that was in the theater by himself. Now, if I wanna see a goddamn movie, I'm gonna go see it. I'm not gonna wait to see if anyone will see it with me, I'm just gonna go.

Some good changes are happening... well, not that the others were bad, they were just negative! I'm going to get back to the school crap. I need to further my education and shit. Yeah, I know, I'm freakin' excited about it. I get to waste two night of my week that I would normally spend doing nothing... going to school. AND THEN, I get to waste more time during my week on homework and studying and crap. Doesn't that sound like fun?

I'm starting my working out again, too. I've taken stuff out of my room and kind of re-arranged it so that I have more room to get my workout on. That sounded a little gay... dammit. I had a doctor's visit and was like "I weigh what...?!" Figured I have to start moving again.

I probably have a few more, too... just can't think of them right now. I've had a pretty shitty time since Christmas Day. My mind and heart just aren't right anymore. I don't really know what to say.

I for sure wasn't a fan when someone texted me "I didn't want you to have a bad NYE, but don't text me back. I'll probably text you eventually. Don't text me back anything. Don't text me." Yeah, great. That's pretty awesome. Do you sense the sarcasm?

So, did anyone else make any New Years Resolutions or changes for their lives for 2010? Spread the news, let me hear your opinion on mine and let me hear yours!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I think you have something there. Don't wait until you're 40 to start pushing the limits and stepping out of your comfort zone. Sure you can do it.. but it's not as easy if you'd have started younger. I've envy you.. and wish you the best on your exciting journey.
    Darrin - A fellow nice guy trying to break the cycle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh nice guys DO finish last. I'm the one who'll always be waiting in line for something, a bunch of people push in and get the stuff and because I'm too polite to push in, I miss out. How's that fair?
    Sorry you got such a shitty text on new years eve. Whoever it was off, they sound like a bit of a tool and don't deserve friends. Sorry, but they do.
    Good luck with your resolutions though, you got some good 'uns. You thought about doing a 101 in 1001 list? Gives you a bit longer to do resolution type things and you can do tons of them. Here's the link to my list (Site isn't properly finished yet, but you get this idea) http://doodadery.blogspot.com
    It's good cos you can do little things while you're in the middle of doing a big thing. If that makes sense. Ha! =]

    ReplyDelete