Photobucket

Demotivational Poster of the Day

Demotivational Poster of the Day

Monday, September 13, 2010

Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D (2010)

In a world ravaged by a virus infection, turning its victims into the Undead, Alice (Jovovich), continues on her journey to find survivors and lead them to safety. Her deadly battle with the Umbrella Corporation reaches new heights, but Alice gets some unexpected help from an old friend. A new lead that promises a safe haven from the Undead takes them to Los Angeles, but when they arrive the city is overrun by thousands of Undead - and Alice and her comrades are about to step into a deadly trap.
This movie was good for the most part. It wasn't as action-packed as I imagined it would, and the 3D was a little unecessary. It shared some elements from RE5 (the video game). But other than that, it's quite worth it overall.

I liked it. I enjoyed the previous RE movies (not including the Degeneration cartoon), and I liked Afterlife even more than I liked Extinction. I don't mind that Afterlife "borrowed" from other movies like the Matrix, and as long as the action is good; I dig it. there were a few mistakes in the effects here and there, but overall it did not take away from my enjoyment of the movie. The 3D was not bad, but I would've like Afterlife with or without the 3D. Some scenes had 3D mistakes in it similar to Clash of the Titans, in that things were moving so fast in spots that it was hard to make it out. I'm referring to explosions, shrapnel, and things like that, so I already knew what was happening anyways. The only thing I can really say negative about it, and only slightly, is that for a RE movie it could've used more zombie scenes. I would recommend it to people who have enjoyed the previous RE films. If a person didn't like the previous ones, then they shouldn't see Afterlife. I enjoyed it, and really liked some of the newer zombies that did show up(kind of reminded me of the Reapers or whatever from Blade 2), the Executioner, and especially the "digger" zombies. for hardcore fans, make sure you stay about 20-30 seconds after the credits role to see another quick scene. I'm not really familiar w/ every character, so I'm not sure what that scene was really about(or who it was).

***/*****

3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment