Photobucket

Demotivational Poster of the Day

Demotivational Poster of the Day

Monday, August 9, 2010

Seventh Moon (2008)

Blair Witch co-creator Eduardo Sanchez continues to strip away his characters' sense of ease and confidence in his third film, which captures the horrors that befall a pair of newlyweds honeymooning in China. Melissa (Amy Smart) and Yul (Tim Chiou) are enjoying the Hungry Ghost Festival immensely, but their hosts think they're enjoying it too much. Soon, the couple is abandoned in the middle of nowhere -- but they're far from being alone.
The story is interesting enough that this film could have been much better. Instead the lead characters lacked common sense and the villagers weren’t believable. The shaky camera ruined the creepy, isolated atmosphere and the ending is underwhelming. In the end, this film is more annoying than entertaining. I was looking for a zombie-type of film... and was very mislead. I should've known since it starred Amy Smart... some Asian people... and the "Puddies" from Power Rangers!
I wanted to give this three stars for the story itself, but so many other things ruined this film for me. First off...TOO DARK!! What is the matter with these filmmakers? I don't think it's fair that I have to either turn up the brightness on my t.v. set, or invest in a pair of night vision goggles every time I wanna watch a film that has potential, but not enough freakin' light! I like Amy Smart in her other films, but I had to skip over alot of this movie, cuz the other annoying thing was the shaky camera. I felt like I was watching 'The Blair Witch Project' all over again, only DARKER!! Geez, what a disappointment next to the other 'Ghost House Underground' films that were waaaay better. Skip this one, and check out 'The Thaw', 'Offspring', and especially 'The Children' instead!


**/*****

2/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment