Photobucket

Demotivational Poster of the Day

Demotivational Poster of the Day

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sorority Row (2009)


"Sorority Row" sees a group of sorority sisters try to cover up the death of their house-sister after a prank gone wrong, only to be stalked by a serial killer.

A bunch of shallow, idiotic females getting slashed sounded like great entertainment to me. Unfortunately this one was a big disappointment. It’s a remake of The House on Sorority Row, an I Know What You Did Last Summer-esque movie but this one offers nothing special. When a prank leads to someone’s death, the sorority sisters decide to hide the crime but several months later, someone wants them to pay. The kills were quick and showed little gore, and the females lacked redeeming qualities so it was hard to feel for their pending deaths. It offered some nudity from random sorority sisters but none from the main characters. My main issue is that the movie seemed really long as we got to know way too much about the unlikeable sisters. And the major plot holes and twist after twist had me rolling my eyes. If you enjoy dialogue-driven slasher flicks you might enjoy this one, but as for me, I prefer action, suspense and at least one character I like.

The best way I can think to describe this movie is this: I Know What You Did Last Summer, with less entertainment value and more pointlessly naked girls. I didnt expect much from this, but I was still disappointed.

**/*****

2/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment